Frequently Asked Questions
If you are on the LSCC Bessemer Campus or the LSCC Birmingham Campus you will have access to all databases and resources. However, if you are off campus you will be prompted for a username and password before gaining access to databases and resources.You must be a registered LSCC Student to have access to Library resources:
The USERNAME is your complete LSCC email address. For example: A00123456@lawsonstate.edu
The PASSWORD is: The same password you use to access your LSCC email.
If you have problems accessing resources please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-929-3526 or 205-929-2068 during normal business hours.
The Birmingham Campus is open: The Bessemer Campus is open:
Monday through Thursday- 8am-6pm Monday through Thursday- 8am-6pm
Friday- CLOSED (During the summer semester only) Friday- CLOSED (During the summer semster only)
Saturday- CLOSED (during the summer semester only) Saturday- CLOSED
Sunday- CLOSED Sunday- CLOSED
The Laptop Loaner Program is a program that allows registered students who have a ZERO balance (owes no tutition or fees) to check out a laptop for an entire semester. (Students approved for financial aid that has yet to be applied to their tuition will be considered).
1. Student must complete the required form on the Library website: https://www.library.lawsonstate.edu/lscc-laptop-loaner-program
2. Student will be notified of approval or unapproval via LSCC email.
3. Students must reserve a laptop and schedule a pick up time at either campus library.
4. All laptops are due at the assigned date near the end of each semester.
5. If a laptop is not returned a fee will be placed on the student's account.